Gatherings have increased to up to 80 people at a time for indoor and outdoor, with physical distancing of 1.5 metres (where practicable) and a maximum of one person per 4 square metres.
Gatherings at households – including shacks - have increased to up to 20 people at any one time, not including residents of the household.
You should not visit or have visitors to your home if you are unwell.
Maximum density limits apply to businesses/activities outside households. Attendee numbers do not include staff or volunteers, but do include children and babies. The following outlines the gathering limits that apply to businesses under Stage 2.
- Rented holiday houses/short-stay accommodation
- Restaurants and cafes - restriction applies to the venue as a whole regardless of whether it has multiple separate dining rooms.
- Pubs, clubs, bars, RSLs and community clubs - serving food and/or drinks to seated patrons. Betting services and TASkeno permitted.
- Cinemas – 80 attendees per cinema
- Concert and performance venues, arenas and auditoriums
- Zoos and wildlife parks
- Religious gatherings, ceremonies and instruction; non-denominational ceremonies; and similar services
- Museums, galleries and historic sites
- Function centres
- Outdoor amusement parks, arcades and play centres
- Betting shopfronts
- Open homes and auctions
20 attendees each space; 80 in total in premises
- For indoor gyms, fitness centres and sporting venues, there can be up to a maximum of 20 attendees (not including staff) in each single, undivided space (for example, a studio or fitness room) up to a maximum of 80 attendees in each distinct building on the entire premises.
- This applies to indoor gyms, fitness centres and sporting venues, including boot camps, yoga, barre, gymnastics and cheerleading facilities, wellness centres and fitness classes and dance schools.
- For outdoor sporting activities and services, up to 20 attendees (not including staff) are permitted in a group at any one time (with the four square metre rule applying). Multiple groups of up to 20 attendees are permitted in outdoor spaces, provided there is separation between each group and the four square metre rule is adhered to for the entire space.
- For pools, up to 20 people may be in each pool at one time (with no cap on the number of attendees allowed on the premises but need to comply with the four square metre rule).
- At least one employee must be on the premises during operating hours.
No attendee limit
- Accommodation - no limit on the number of guests staying at hotels, motels and caravan parks, apart from rented holiday houses/short-stay accommodation, which are limited to 20 attendees and subject to density limits.
- Camping and caravan parks - booked sites must not exceed the maximum density limit for that site, unless those camping are all from the same household.
- Beauty and personal care services - one person per four square metre rule applies.